So, only over two weeks to go until l open my doors for open studios!
I have been concentrating on new artwork…big and small, bright and cheery, calm and blue. Also, available will be mounted prints, new framed tiles, cards , cushions and coasters.
I am a little nervous that the only people through the door will be the ones i’ve paid to come… 😉 I am a bit out of the way compared to all the other artists and designers taking part, so over the weekend I will be mailing lots of people and inviting them and roping in other friends to spread the word!
My studio( smallest bedroom in the house) will be prepared for guests with artwork hung in a erm gallery type fashion .I had a clearout over the weekend..and l feel l can breathe in there again ( artists studios do get very messy). I’m also going to use my kitchen/diner ( I know, not very glamorous) and change this fabulous space into Nikki’s art gallery. This will entail some prep before hand-
- Deep clean ( I have a two year old that likes to smear yoghurt everywhere and a 10 year old who drops everything at his feet)
- Removal of any dangerous objects that may cause injury! (ie. Peppa Pig stuff, parts of jigsaws, games, dolls, x box controllers and the 10 or so footballs that seem to live with us in the house)
- Take down all existing artwork and rehang mine.Have everything else organised, mounted prints, price list,art framed……etc,etc,etc
- Tidy garden and hang some nice living flowers! ( This will be my partners job)
- Dye my hair…roots are showing 🙂
- Have a word with my two kittens..’Please don’t claw up anyone’s legs pussy cats and cause lacerations’!
- Make sure my public liability is up to date!
…it’s going to be a busy couple of weeks! x