So, only over two weeks to go until l open my doors for open studios!
I have been concentrating on new artwork…big and small, bright and cheery, calm and blue. Also, available will be mounted prints, new framed tiles, cards , cushions and coasters.
I am a little nervous that the only people through the door will be the ones i’ve paid to come… 😉 I am a bit out of the way compared to all the other artists and designers taking part, so over the weekend I will be mailing lots of people and inviting them and roping in other friends to spread the word!
My studio( smallest bedroom in the house) will be prepared for guests with artwork hung in a erm gallery type fashion .I had a clearout over the weekend..and l feel l can breathe in there again ( artists studios do get very messy). I’m also going to use my kitchen/diner ( I know, not very glamorous) and change this fabulous space into Nikki’s art gallery. This will entail some prep before hand-
- Deep clean ( I have a two year old that likes to smear yoghurt everywhere and a 10 year old who drops everything at his feet)
- Removal of any dangerous objects that may cause injury! (ie. Peppa Pig stuff, parts of jigsaws, games, dolls, x box controllers and the 10 or so footballs that seem to live with us in the house)
- Take down all existing artwork and rehang mine.Have everything else organised, mounted prints, price list,art framed……etc,etc,etc
- Tidy garden and hang some nice living flowers! ( This will be my partners job)
- Dye my hair…roots are showing 🙂
- Have a word with my two kittens..’Please don’t claw up anyone’s legs pussy cats and cause lacerations’!
- Make sure my public liability is up to date!
…it’s going to be a busy couple of weeks! x
It’s a busy time getting ready for an open studios event. I am painting away working on smaller and larger painting’s and organising everything else that l need to do for this event….3 1/2 weeks to go!!!
Looking forward to taking part in this years open studios in the central belt of Scotland. Over 140 artists will be taking part in this event. It’s a fantastic opportunity for artists to show their work and for the public to visit their studio’s/workshops/galleries. It runs from the 11th-19th June…..a date for your diary!!
I’ve been working on painting’s for open studios….very soon!!!
These are all 20x20cm and will be framed in white painted wood frames. Love seeing work framed up…just finishes
the work off nicely 🙂
I’ve just spent a few glorious days in Arran, recharging the batteries!
Visited the lovely http://www.arranartgallery.com/gallery where there is a fantastic and diverse range of work from Scotland with an Arran theme. And they had some of my cards in stock….nice 🙂
Back over in the central belt the Line gallery, Linlithgow sold this painting over the weekend…happy days!
I really enjoy working on commissions. They take me out of my comfort zone a little as far as colour and subject matter are concerned……which is great as i learn from the experience. It is also of course lovely getting feedback and knowing that my paintings really resonate with someone.
Here’s a few i’ve done lately…..